The Prayer in Ephesians 1, is a prayer for mature Christians. It is about Spiritual Growth, not Temporal Troubles.
He still gives thanks for believers, still prays without ceasing for them, but a totally different prayer. He is no longer centered on the relationships between people, he is now encouraging a deeper relationship with Jesus.
At this point, it is all about Spiritual awareness. He is pointing the way to a stronger, more Powerful Church. A people worthy of the Name, ‘Christian.’ He gave us more than a Gospel of Words, He gave us the Kingdom of God. The Righteousness Peace and Joy, of the Holy Spirit.
“Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.“
Paul, knew he needed the Power of the Spirit of God, the Signs and Wonders following, to FULLY PREACH THE GOSPEL.
It saddens me, that today so many have given up on realizing the Power of God, in their ministry. That Power is available today. Jesus said, ‘only believe’. Why can we not grasp this simple concept?
The people who have walked in that Power, from the time of Jesus on, have had a special bond with the Lord. Like John the Beloved they have learned to lean on the breast of Jesus. To put on His Yoke and walk with Him.
The Fulness of Christ resides within us. We need to forget our wants, desires, plans and ambitions, and let the Holy Spirit lead us in His path. Am I supposed to be here in NC, playing the piano?
To tell you the truth, I have no idea, but I will be here with my hand on the plow until I receive a different Word from the Lord. I trust He can find and direct me when He decides I am ready for His Work.
Thanks for visiting,
Know You Are Loved
We all have the relationship we want with God. My desire is a more intimate one.
bill theunfetteredpreacher cote
Ephesians 1: 15-23
Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16. Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.