As we have studied the Spirit of God, we found throughout the Bible, this Spirit is a Spirit of wisdom, knowledge and understanding in all manner of workmanship. (For the building of His Church).
It is also a Spirit of Prophecy, of visions and dreams. We find this Spirit in the Preachers of Righteousness, Enoch, Noah, Daniel, the 3 Hebrew children, and throughout the New Testament.
It comforts, guides, teaches, and leads us to Christ. It is given to us by Jesus and those who accept this second blessing preach with power and find signs and wonders following.
The Spirit of the LORD is something else. It is a Spirit of warfare, we find it first in the lives of the Judges.
From Gideon, Samson, Jephthah and continues through to Saul, David and others. It is a Spirit that guides, directs and gives the victory.
As we look in the New Testament, we find a few other differences.
The Spirit of the LORD:
* Annoints to preachthe Gospel, to the poor, deliverance to the captives, to heal the brokenhearted, cause the blind to see, set free, those who are bound and bruised. (Luke 4)
* Can cause us to rejoice in Spirit, as He reveals things that are hid. (Luke 10:21)
* Can be tested by our lies… some have died. (Acts 5:9)
* Can translate us to another place or time. (Acts 8:39)
* Gives Liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
* We are changed from glory to glory into the image of the Lord. (2 Corinthians 3:18)
The Spirit of the LORD. A blessing from the Lord, to draw all to the Son.