This may seem a little long, but if you are familiar with the scriptures it should be a quick read.
Psalm: 115. 9-13
“O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.
O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.
Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.
The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron.
He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great.”
This is one of my favorite scripture songs… Forgotten until, I come upon it once again.
I am not a big fan of Contemporary Christian Songs… some seem to bring us to the throne, but never make a change in our hearts and minds.
Hymns? Good messages, too many words, must read… we have to think too much.
Is either of these Worship?
Not really, we may call it that, but Worship, is being totally one with the Lord. In reverence, in obedience, in mind, body and spirit.
That is why I believe scripture songs truly bring us into His Presence, and soften our hearts to His Word.
They are easily remembered, enjoyable and simple to sing. Most importantly: It is The Word and will of the Lord.
Look at the scripture:
First order of business, for all of us:
~ “Trust in the LORD:”
Why should we “Trust in the LORD:”
~ “He is their help and their shield.”
Are you an Israelite, a priest, do you Fear the Lord? (Love, obey and reverence Him?) Is He your Savior?
If so “He is your help and shield.”
He also promises:
~ The LORD hath been mindful of us:”
We are not just here on our own. We have the same opportunity to walk with the Lord, talk to the Lord, as Adam. He longs to walk with us in the cool of the day,
~ “he will bless us;“
In Deuteronomy 28:1-13, we find the promises of the Lord to those who listen and obey.
* these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee,
* Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, of thy ground, of thy cattle, the increase of thy flocks.
* Blessed shalt thou be in the city,in the field.
* Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, goest out.
* Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
* Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and in the field.
* And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; be afraid of thee.
* The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
* The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
* The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
* The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
* And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
These Blessings of the Lord are ours, only if we Accept them. Listen and Obey Him, Love and Serve Him.
Like Salvation, we must ask, accept and change direction. If anyone of these is neglected, then we miss His best for us.
Finally, we find, His Blessings are for all, from the least to the greatest.
~ “Both small and great.“
The Lord would have all, to come to a Saving Knowledge of His Love.
We cannot force others to partake, to acknowledge His Love.
When we sing the Words of this song, people will see, consider, understand and believe that Jesus Christ is Lord.
It will be evident in our countenance, actions and hearts.
Lord, open our hearts to TRUE WORSHIP.